FREE ESTATE PLANNING SEMINAR
The Top Ten Estate Planning Mistakes
If your legal documents have not been reviewed in more than three years (or you have never put any in place at all) your family will have trouble to deal with if you become sick or die.
Join Gold Leaf Estate Planning Attorney, Zachary A. Wiegand, for a free estate planning seminar and discover how to make sure your wishes are carried out exactly as you want.
Even if you have an estate plan or a living trust, new laws and overlooked items may mean your current plan is out of date or won't work as intended.
During this seminar, you will learn how to avoid common estate planning mistakes:
- How to avoid paying unnecessary taxes and costly fees your family may be stuck with under your current plan.
- Will, Trust or something more? And why a trust that just covers estate taxes and probate simply isn't good enough anymore based on changes in the law.
- Easy ways to protect your children's inheritance from lawsuits, creditors or a divorce.
- Whether your legal Health Care documents and Trust will work so your wishes are acted upon immediately without going to court. (Most plans I've seen have flaws that leave your family at risk of court action).
- Why your estate plan must be properly set up and regularly reviewed to help educate aging adult generations and provide clear guidance and instruction on what to do if something "unexpected" happens to you.
- Strategies to best plan for your retirement accounts or IRAs so that they are passed down in a responsible way and not lost to taxes, remarriage, or future lawsuits.
- How to pay for care you'll need in the future without burdening the people you love or losing the family home after you are gone.
- If you have small kids or vulnerable beneficiaries, how to make sure their inheritance is not outright "handed" to them at age 18 before they are mature enough to handle it and putting the right guardians in place.
This is an excellent opportunity to get a better understanding of estate planning and learn about the latest strategies and options that are available to you. There is no cost or obligation.
Tuesday, March 27 | 7:00-8:30 PM
The Wilds Golf Club
3151 Wilds Ridge Ct., Prior Lake, MN
Thursday, March 29 | 7:00-8:30 PM
Best Western Premier - Nicollet Inn
14201 Nicollet Ave., Burnsville, MN
Limited Seating | Refreshments Provided
RSVP: Call 952.658.6503 or register online
About Attorney Zachary A. Wiegand
Zach Wiegand founded Gold Leaf Estate Planning in order to make a difference in the lives of his clients. Zach helps families preserve and protect their hard-earned assets by drafting comprehensive and protective estate plans including wills, trusts, health care directives, powers of attorney as well as more advanced estate planning solutions. Following the death of a loved one, Zach also helps families navigate through the probate or trust administration process.
Zach graduated from law school at William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul. After graduation, Zach served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Tammi A. Fredrickson in the 10th Judicial District in Minnesota. Following his clerkship, he began his career as a litigation attorney, but quickly realized that his passion was to help families stay out of Court rather than fight in it. Zach subsequently practiced as an estate planning attorney at firms based out of St. Paul and Minneapolis prior to opening Gold Leaf Estate Planning.
Zach has twice been honored as a Minnesota Super Lawyer Rising Star (2017 & 2018), an honor reserved for only 2.5% of Minnesota Attorneys. Zach is member of Wealth Counsel, a national organization of trusts and estates attorneys who maintain the highest level of knowledge and expertise through collaboration and continuing their education on estate planning topics.
In his spare time, Zach serves as Vice President of the Shattuck – St. Mary’s School Foundation and serves as a committee chair on the Shattuck – St. Mary’s School Alumni Association Board. Zach and his wife, Ruth, live with their one son, Henrik, in Lakeville.