Experienced Trusts and Estates Paralegal
Gold Leaf Estate Planning, LLC, is seeking an experienced paralegal to join the firm. The candidate selected will assist an individual attorney in all aspects of estate planning, estate administration, probate administration and trust administration. Responsibilities include: drafting estate planning documents; drafting probate and trust administration documents; attending client meetings and maintaining frequent client contact to ensure that all information is gathered from client; drafting correspondence to clients; assisting clients with funding their trusts and responding to questions from clients; presiding over document signing meetings with clients. Additional duties may be required as needed and in the ordinary course of a small law firm.
This position requires superb customer service skills, a willingness to go above and beyond for clients, and extraordinary attention to detail.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Paralegal certification
- 3 years of experience as a paralegal in estate planning and/or estate and trust administration in a law firm setting
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong organizational and file management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong proofreading skills
- Ability to meet all required deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and in a small team setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Mastery of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent customer service demeanor and an outgoing personality
Desired Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience drafting estate planning documents and real estate deeds
- Experience preparing Inventories, Proposed Plans of Distribution, Final Accountings for Probate
- Experience e-filing documents with the Minnesota e-filing system
- Document drafting experience
Compensation will depend on experience. Please submit your resumé and cover letter indicating your desired compensation and your preferred start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. This job posting will remain open until filled.